18 Jun 2020

Miniatures Update

It's been a bit.  The last time minis appeared here, I was planning out how to paint some modrons.  I haven't started yet, but there's some motion.  My work week is shifted back a day, so Tuesday to Saturday.  During my workday on Saturday, I received emails that the paint I ordered for the monodrone was arriving and, later, had arrived.  During my first break, I checked the front door and found the package.


Mouse for scale and address obfuscation.
(Photo by author)
That's a much larger box than expected.  And possibly smaller than expected.  It's Amazon.  But, break time means I can open it up right away and see what's inside.

Again, mouse to scale.
(Photo by author)
But, it's it.  Orange.  Fluorescent, glow in the dark orange.  Far better than the day glow orange I thought I ordered.  It's a lot of fluorescent orange, though, more than one mini needs.  I do have ideas for it, like flames when paired with a red base.

I have almost all the paint I need to start on the monodrones.  I may need another metallic colour, but that can be handled in the coming weeks.  Here's what I have so far.

Seven paints, including a green and a metallic
pearl white.  Sharkie and monodrone for scale.
(Photo by author)
I was considering painting the body of the monodrone orange with yellow highlights.  That may be a problem.  The orange may overwhelm the yellow.  The orange may overwhelm all the colours involved, but the body was going to be yellow or orange with highlights being the other colour.
The yellow isn't a pure yellow, so it could
 disappear beside the orange.
(Photo by author)
I'm hoping to find what I need soon to get the drone started.  With the body being yellow, I can use the orange for the wings, faceguard, and rivets on top.  I have another mini where I can use both the orange and yellow, though not as the main colours.  I'm interested to see how this turns out, really, especially the glow in the dark aspect.

Friday, over at Psycho Drive-In, Replicative Fading.
Saturday, over at The Seventh Sanctum, Remaking Weekend at Bernie's.

No comments:

Post a Comment