3 Jul 2020

Painting Minis - Modron Part I

Finally found some sliver of time to get back to painting.  The past bit has been either busy or oppressively hot.  With a break in the heat, I started the modron.  Since this is pic heavy, the post will continue after the jump break.


Just waiting to be transformed into a proper minion of bureaucracy.
(All photos in this post by author)
 I ran into a problem right away.  The yellow turned out to be a bit watery, so the first coat spread too thin.  I'll let the paint dry a bit then add a second coat, possibly with a smaller brush.


Some of the base colour of the mini can still be seen in the above.  I'll let the paint dry a bit then add a second coat, possibly with a smaller brush.  It's a mistake, but fixable.

Since I had things set up, the I brought the marilith back out.

She still needs work done, obviously.
Nothing major this time around, just the swords, but she does have six of them.  At some point, I need to paint her skin and hair, finish off her torso, then do touch ups.

Getting there. She's down to details, really.
Since I had the metal paint out, I went back to the modron to paint the face and spear point.

The yellow doesn't look as bad, but it's still thing.
The spear is on point, though.
I also went to the elf to get her sword and shield rim.

The metal is easier to see on the shield.
I can hide where I painted outside the lines when I finish the shield
After this, I was finding that I was having troubles seeing due to allergies and still on edge from work.  A mosquito buzzing through my vision wasn't helping.  Since painting was meant to be relaxing and not frustrating, those were signs to quit for the night.

Today, over at Psycho Drive-In, Tremors: The Series.
Saturday, over at The Seventh Sanctum, a quick news round-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment